MISSION STATEMENT, VISION STATEMENT AND STRATEGY
PRESBYTERY OF SANTA BARBARA
The Mission of the Presbytery of Santa Barbara: We, the PCUSA churches and ministries of Ventura, Santa Barbara, and San Luis Obispo counties, join together to foster vibrant worshipping communities who proclaim and live out the love of Jesus Christ for one another and our neighbors.
Mission Tag Line: Joining Together. Worshipping God. Loving People.
The Vision of the Presbytery of Santa Barbara: We enthusiastically and steadfastly envision a day when all our churches, elders, deacons, pastors, and ministry leaders
• Build ministries to glorify God
• Share tools for the ministry of Jesus Christ
• Connect with colleagues
• Do justice, love kindness, and walk humbly with God
The Strategy of the Presbytery of Santa Barbara: To implement our mission and vision, we focus our attention and energies to:
• Dedicate ourselves to prayer, worship, study, and service
• Equip our pastors, sessions, and ministry leaders for discipleship
• Provide pastoral care and fellowship to member ministers
• Facilitate consistent ministry practice through administrative support and governance
Adopted November 2017